Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Learning to Need God

As Christians we always claim to have faith and that we depend on God. But as I sit in my comfy home, with plenty of food, water, shelter, and clothing, it's hard for me to say just how much I really depend on God. We don't face anything like some who don't have anything and their dependence is real on a daily basis.

There have been times in my life where I have given up control to God and He came through big time. I remember back to my divorce and the pain that I felt. I remember when I hit rock bottom emotionally and couldn't handle it anymore. I laid there in the middle of my 2 bedroom rental home balling my eyes out. It was at that time I let go and let God.

But if you're like me, you go through those times when God lifts you up and slowly over time the memory fades and we become independent again. Then it takes another big event for us to fully depend on God again. Melissa and I are going through a depending on God time right now. As I was getting ready for work, I heard this song and the lyrics seemed to fit exactly where we're at right now...

Verse: I've forgotten
Just how sweet Your mercies are Lord
Could You remind me
You've been faithful in my weakness
Father Your Love
Overwhelms my soul
I'm learning to need You

Chorus:I cry out Your name
I am in need of Your mercies, Jesus
Despite my pride and my shame
I'm learning to need You
I'm Learning To Need You - Justin McRoberts

No comments: