Sunday, September 06, 2009

Versus: Biscuits & Gravy vs. Chicken Parmesan



This Versus comes from a request from my youngest brother. Let me first explain to you that I don't enjoy food quite as much as he does. If I were to guess the things that are on his mind the most, I'd guess they would consist of the following...
Food
Girlfriend
Food
God
Food
Pie
Food

With that said, I'll attempt to put my mom's biscuits & gravy up against the chicken parmesan that originated with our good family friend Joni.

Biscuits & Gravy:
I never realized how easy it was to ruin biscuits and gravy until I began ordering it more often at different restaurants. Of course we all have our own taste for specific foods, which holds very true for me and biscuits & gravy. We grew up with mom making the biscuits and the gravy from scratch. So now whenever mom asks us boys what meal we'd like prepared, one of the first ones to come out of our mouth is biscuits & gravy. It's a family tradition and favorite.

Chicken Parmesan:
I'm not sure when I first tasted Joni's chicken parmesan, but I do remember that it was an often requested meal from that point on. Recently my mom brought us some of the sauce that is used on the pasta for us to use. I'd forgotten how much better that sauce is than the canned stuff you can buy at the store (what we typically use). Chicken parmesan includes a breaded breast of chicken with what I think is usually linguini and the special marinara sauce. It's quite yummy!

The Winner:
As much as I do love the chicken parmesan, this is a pretty easy choice for me. Biscuits & gravy are just too much to compete against. Congratulations B&G!

3 comments:

Tuffy said...

This one is very odd to me. I'm liking the vs. but why Biscuits and Gravy vs Chicken Parm? They are two very, very different things. It's like comparing apples and oranges, only apples and oranges are both fruit.

T Just said...

i can understand your confusion. i guess the reason these two come up against each other is because they are two family favorites.

Kyle J. said...

Mmmmmmm...biscuits and gravy *mouth waters*