Saturday, January 09, 2010

Motorola Droid


For some time now I have been thinking about purchasing a new phone. At first, I was sold on the Iphone, the only problem is that At&t doesn't do well with coverage around here. I figured I'd wait some more and hope that At&t bought out another provider in our area. As I waited, my attention was caught by a new phone by Motorola called the Droid. I continued to save my money and do research on this phone and as of this past Tuesday, I am the happy owner of the Motorola Droid.

My brother in law wanted a 10 page review of the phone, but I don't have that kind of time. So instead, I'll give you a post that lists a few things I really like about this phone...
  1. Keypad - I don't mind the touch pad, but I really like having the option of a real keypad or a touch pad.
  2. Camera - 5 MPix
  3. Screen - great clarity and good size
  4. Size - just a smidge thicker than the Iphone.
  5. GPS - ability to set on a car dock that serves as a GPS navigator
  6. Cool apps including Shazam (hears a song and identifies it for you), Barcode Scanner (scan a barcode and it finds the same item and compares prices in a certain mile radius), Pandora (online custom radio), and Facebook (real time status updates).
  7. Music Player - I've been able to transfer a bunch of my itunes songs onto the Droid
  8. Browser - speed is ok. I've been able to maneuver fairly easily
  9. Calender - synced with my Google calendar
  10. Customizable - lots to customize
O yea, it also makes calls too. It pretty much does everything I need it to do and I've got a lot to learn yet.

1 comment:

Tuffy said...

Nice. I haven't played with anything running Android yet, but it sounds cool. Definitely far superior to the way overrated iphone.