Friday, January 01, 2010

The Year That Was 2009

I just went to my buddy's blog HERE and thought decided I would copy him and reflect a little on my own story in 2009. There's no way I'm answering 40 questions, so I decided to pick the most interesting and go with that. Here goes...

1) What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?

  • Celebrated 3 years of marriage
  • Turned 30
  • Went to an equipping conference
  • Drank lemonade made from 6th-12th grader spit
  • Made homemade cinnamon rolls
  • Officiated a wedding
  • Started drinking Chai (thanks Mike)

2) Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

  • I don't do resolutions

3) Did anyone close to you give birth?

  • My brother and his wife had a little girl

4) Did anyone close to you die?

  • Grandpa Bowers

5) What countries did you visit?

  • Other than USA? None.
6) What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
  • A mind and heart like Jesus
  • Clear direction
  • Smart phone
  • A newborn baby

7) What was your biggest achievement of the year?

  • Married 3 years

8) Did you suffer illness or injury?

  • No, it was a pretty healthy year

9) What was the best thing you bought?

  • The new Shane & Shane CD

10) Whose behavior merited celebration?

  • My dad - he's maintained composure through a few rocky days. Way to go Dad!

11) Where did most of your money go?

  • Bills
  • Church
  • School Loans

12) What did you get really, really, really excited about

  • Knowing Mom and Dad were moving closer
  • Going to Wichita for my anniversary
  • Going to Colorado twice
  • Seeing my bud Ben and his family

13) What do you wish you’d done more of?

  • Kept up with friends and family

14) What do you wish you’d done less of?

  • Work

15) How did you spend Christmas?

  • Christmas Eve - Bennington with the Schmidts/Stenfors
  • Christmas Day - Bennington at the inlaws
  • Day after - Mulvane with family
  • 2 Days after - Back to Bennington with the Pitts
  • Week after - Topeka with Bowers
  • Week and few days after - Marion with the Justs

16) Did you fall in love in 2009?

  • I fall more in love with my wife every day :-) ...anyone puking yet?
17) What were your favorite TV programs?
  • The Office
  • Sing Off

18) What was the best book you read?

  • Missional Renaissance by Reggie McNeal

19) What was your greatest musical discovery?

  • Owl City was recommended to me by two youth pastor buddies of mine. I've enjoyed what I've heard through Pandora so far.
20) What was your favorite film of this year?
  • I don't watch many movies, but I guess if I had to pick one I'd say Up.

21) What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

  • It was my 30th this year and I don't think I did much. I honestly thought something would occur since this was a big one, but it didn't. O well.

2 comments:

Tuffy said...

Rock on the Chai.

P.R.JUST said...

Thanks son. Like the song says, "It's not an easy road we are traveling to heaven".